Friday, September 16, 2011

The BIG Test

Tomorrow I'll take The BIG Test aka the PRAXIS.  I have to pass this test to be a Speech-Language Pathologist.  Basically they ask you anything and everything that I was supposed to learn over the past 2 years.  How do you even start to study for that???  
You have to get 60% to pass--that sounds low.  I would hope I know more than 60% of the material necessary to do my job?! The problem is we are certified to do so much..there is no way you could know 100% of what we are certified to do.

In my PRAXIS prep class the instructor read the book, 'Testing Miss Malarkey'  It's so cute!  The book is all about how big standardized tests can get blown out of proportion and helps kids not to have test anxiety.  Maybe one day I'll be reading this book to my clients :)
'The Principal is literally flipping his wig over which pencils to order, students in art class learn the correct way to fill in circles, and Mr. Fitanuff is teaching yoga to help de-stress kids before the test. Even worse, children are denied recess, and parents are concerned about property values.'


So here we go...got my #2 pencil ready (it has to be non-mechanical---I have to go buy one.  No, I haven't owned a regular yellow #2 pencil since about the second grade)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Babbling Beebe | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012