Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Favorite Recipe- Thai Style Pork Stew

{I should be blogging about my awesome trip to NY today..but I'm doing laundry and cleaning so no photos are ready yet...and really what's a blog post without photos?}

But I found this Favorite Recipe post  and decided to link up!
This recipe is a random Cooking Light one I found and has become a favorite!  It currently holds the #1 spot on my sister's menu ranking board at her house.  And if you've ever met Nancy or tasted her cooking you'd know that's an accomplishment!

Thai-Style Pork Stew Recipe


  • Ingredients
  • Stew:
  • 2 pounds boned pork loin, cut into 4 pieces
  • 2 cups (1 x 1/4-inch) julienne-cut red bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 2 tablespoons rice or white wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • Remaining ingredients:
  • 6 cups hot cooked basmati rice
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onions
  • 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
  • lime wedges

Preparation

  • To prepare stew, trim fat from pork. Place pork and next 5 ingredients (pork through garlic) in an electric slow cooker. Cover with lid, and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker, and coarsely chop. Add peanut butter to liquid in slow cooker; stir well. Stir in pork.
  • Combine stew and rice in a large bowl. Top each serving with onions and peanuts; serve with lime wedges.
  • Recipe and pic via
  • *I usually cut up the bell pepper at night so in the morning I can throw all the rest in the crock pot before I go to class. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Babbling Beebe | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012