Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall Dinner Get Together

Christie and I hosted a girl's night last Thursday. Since we've been traveling so much this semester, we don't get to see our Columbia friends a lot.  The weather was starting to get a little chilly so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try out a Pintrist soup I've been eyeing.  Everyone liked it and I almost felt guilty because it was SO easy!  I dumped everything in the crockpot in the morning and it was ready for company at night.


 Easy Crockpot Potato Soup
1 30oz bag of frozen shredded has browns
3 14oz cans of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup {GF variety worked great!}
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 tsp ground pepper

1 pkg. cream cheese {I used 1/3 fat--I red fat free won't melt}
In crockpot, combine everything EXCEPT for the cream cheese.  Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat.  About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and keep heated until thoroughly melted.  {the soup wasn't as smooth as I liked, so I put some in the blender until smooth}
Serve with cheese, sour cream, crumbled bacon, and green onions.
 {recipe via: http://pinterest.com/pin/365928880/}

I also made a salad with walnuts and pears with an Apple Vinigrette:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tsp grated sweet onion
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup finely chopped apple
Whisk together ingredients and pulse a few times in the blender
{recipe via: http://southernfood.about.com/od/spinachsaladrecipes/r/bl90416e.htm}


Dessert was Chocolate Square Oatmeal Cookies {I'll post that recipe tomorrow}

Dinner was so much fun--we need to get together more often!  Thanks for coming over Graham, Lindsey, and  Lizette!  And thanks for being the party planner Christie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Babbling Beebe | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012