Monday, May 30, 2011

Easy Quiche

Last Thursday I needed a quick last minute dinner so I decided to make a quiche.  (Well actually 2 so I could have one leftover for Robert's graduation morning.)
Sooo I remembered an easy recipe that I found on Living the High Life and gave it a shot. And it was defiantly worth a shot!

Bacon, Spinach and Swiss Quiche
Ingredients:
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper
2 c chopped fresh spinach
1/2 lb bacon (turkey bacon is good too), cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 c swiss, shredded
9" refrigerated pie crust (or homemade if your prefer)

Directions:
1. preheat oven to 375.
2. whisk eggs and cream together. add salt and pepper to taste.
3. layer spinach, bacon and swiss on bottom of pie crust.
4. pour egg mixture on top.
5. bake 35-45 minutes. until eggs set up and crust is golden brown.



*{I made one with bacon and one with ham and they both turned out tasty!}
*{I also subbed half the swiss cheese for cheddar}

It turns out we didn't eat the quiche for breakfast so Mom saved it for lunch.  Everyone was raving over it and I was a little embarrassed to accept the compliments given how easy it was!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Babbling Beebe | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012