Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bird's Nest Cookies

Every Monday at the clinic I am a part of CIGAR group.  (A support group for adults with cochlear implants)  It is defiantly the highlight of my day and I've loved getting to know the adults and having an excuse to make some treats!
This week I made Bird's Nest Cookies that I found on flamingobear blog.  They looked so cute and festive so I had to give them a try.  Although mine didn't turn out as cute as the ones on her blog, I hope they'll taste good!
PS-these pics are taken with my Blackberry Pearl (circa 2007) but you get the idea!



Recipe:
Birds’ Nests Cookies


makes about 40
1 2/3 cups (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
 ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
 big sprinkle of kosher salt
 2½ cups (10 ounces) chow mein noodles
 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
 chocolate candy eggs *I used mini Cadbury eggs


Line baking sheets with wax paper or a Silpat.
Melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter together over medium heat. Gently stir in salt, chow mein noodles, and peanuts. Mix well.

Spoon onto prepared baking sheets. Shape into birds’ nests and add a few eggs to each nest. Let stand until firm – can refrigerate to speed this up. Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Babbling Beebe | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012