Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday's Meals--Thai Coconut Curry



I'd been wanting to try a Thai recipe, but I was kinda intimidated.  I found this easy (and healthy!) one on Gina's Skinny Recipes blog and made it last week--it was sooo good!

Thai Coconut Shrimp Curry
-1 tsp oil
-4 scallions, whites and greens separated, chopped
-1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
-6 oz light coconut milk
-2 tsp fish sauce
-1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
-salt to taste

In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add scallion whites and red curry paste and sauté one minute. Add shrimp and garlic, season with salt and cook about 2-3 minutes. Add coconut milk,  fish sauceand mix well. Simmer about 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through. Remove from heat, mix in scallion greens and cilantro .Serve over rice  (I used Brown Basmati Rice)
Next time I make it, I'll add cashews for a little crunch!
Thai Coconut Curry
(via)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! This sounds wonderful!!

    You are so cute! :) I am looking forward to following your blog!

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had Thai Coconut Curry but this looks delicious! I'll have to try it soon!
    Hollie :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Babbling Beebe | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012